Wednesday, April 11, 2018

                                         Musing For Today
My whole existence has been one of "unfinished business".  A bastion of incompleteness.

When I was growing up I took up flute, and then piano.
Alas, I quit the flute first.  Then, later, the piano.  I was too much of a casual listener of music, and couldn't stand to hear it "dissected" and "broken up into" its basic underlying components.  I could only deal with the "finished product".
Well, to become an actual musician, one has to take it one step at a time ...practicing scales and chords, then gradually working your way up to simple sonatas and the like.  I was much too impatient for all that, so ...
...I would never become a musician as a result.

Then high school ...
...unfinished there as well.   I did get a G.E.D. though.  "Better than zero" I guess ...

Then the Navy ...
...made it through Boot Camp (barely)
...then managed to get dropped from the Service School I was assigned to afterwards.
Got assigned to a Naval fleet.
Eleven-and-a-half months in I was handed an administrative Honorable Discharge due to being "incompatible with military service".  Since it wasn't for any kind of bad behavior or major violation of military laws I was still handed an Honorable Discharge (but, I'm sure, with code numbers indicating my being ineligible for reenlistment).

...then I went on to become a "chronic college flunky".   All attempts at higher education ended up with my "throwing in the towel" when things got too confusing.

And now---decades later ...
...here I am, with a blog site.  One of my few "success stories".  An outlet for expressing my attitudes, viewpoints, personal prejudices, idiomatic opinions and perspectives.
Please, Blogger, whatever else you may do, don't ever dispense with the notion of respecting the First Amendment rights of your users.  I can't afford another failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment