Wednesday, April 11, 2018

                                           Spelling Errors
I remember all the trouble I had looking up the word "aesthetic".

I mean, I looked all over the "e"s in the dictionary before finally giving up.
Then, out of desperation, I figured "Maybe it starts with the letter 'a'".  Good move on my part.  Finally found it.

Then, when I had to look up "ptomaine poisoning" I REALLY got flustered, as I thoroughly browsed the "t"s in the dictionary, from end-to-end.  No luck!  "Where in the hell IS 'toadmain poisoning'?  I know the term exists.  I heard it used on an episode of 'The Twilight Zone'.  Stupid dictionary!  It doesn't have ANYTHING, does it?"

I eventually DID find the term, though---while looking up a word that starts with the letter "p", I, quite by chance, also came across it as well.
....seems it's ME who's the "stupid" one.


                                        Another site to check out:  www.newwest.net

No comments:

Post a Comment