Tuesday, January 28, 2020

One thing I don't get about health care professionals:
Why is it if you're slim, not overweight, or diabetic they figure you to be "in perfect health"?
And why do they think that "drugs and alcohol addiction" are the only major health issues facing the average person?

I mention "mental health problems" and a diagnosis of "schizophrenia" to a provider and they'll ask me 
"Do you ever hear voices inside your head?"
"Yes, I do!  They tell me 'Beware of health care professionals who stereotype their patients instead of taking the time to get to know them better'"

"Have you ever taken any drugs or do you often consume any alcohol?"
"No drugs.  But I will occasionally buy a six-pack of Stella." 
"So ....... How long have you had this addiction to alcohol?"
"Come again?"  ..............




                                                      Adage For Today
Any time what's going down is someone else's idea, that's when you're served a salad with poisonous mushrooms

3 comments:

  1. Yes but did you tell them you drunk the six-pack of Stella in an half an hour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spread then out over three days, actually

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mention I'm a "light drinker" and that I do so "occasionally".
    I've never knowingly incriminated myself, not even in jest (unless I figure the provider to be cool-headed, good-natured, and somewhat open-minded).

    ReplyDelete