Thursday, March 29, 2018

                                       Musing For Today
Someone once told me a story about a guy in the Navy who was quite disgruntled about the goings on where he was stationed.
He didn't like the incompetence among his superiors, the poor condition of the equipment he had to work with, the lack of organization and cooperation among both his fellow enlisted men, duty P.O.s, and officers.

When requesting a transfer he told his commanding officer just what he really thought of him, the base, and of the Navy in general.
Then, when his transfer finally came through, he looked at it:  Alaska! In the middle of winter.  Or, maybe, the South Pole?  Greenland?  Antarctica?

That's the risk one takes when speaking their mind and displaying any kind of candidness.  If the other person doesn't like whatever it is you have to say they seem to have the right to retaliate---and with the full backing of the system.
I know I should sometimes be more careful of what I choose to say on my site
...but, then again, it is MY site and, as such, I always feel a sense of "poetic license" about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment