Friday, February 2, 2018

                                Musing For Today
While walking around the other day I had a guy pass me by on a bicycle wearing a pair of BOSE headphones.

I, for one, would never THINK to ride around in public with a $150 pair of headphones on my head, considering how dangerous U.S. society can be and the kinds of situations one could find oneself in.

Obviously this guy must have money to burn to be so comfortable doing such a dumb-ass shit thing with total abandon and self-assured unawareness.

2 comments:

  1. What about the young people that walk around with their iphones in their back pockets? That's almost like asking to be mugged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of carrying around a pricey consumer product in public randomly just seems absurd to me, considering the general social, physical and hygienic environment of the outside world.
      One should only have such a product out in the open when carrying it home upon purchasing.
      Then again, I grew up in the 60s and became an adult in the early-to-mid 70s---the era of home stereos, LP records and houses and apartment dwelling. So I'm more into the concept of "privacy" and individuality, of "having one's own lifestyle"
      ...so this modern-day "communal" style social climate (where everybody's always running around in public and seem to "have no life of their own") seems a bit counter-productive to me.

      Delete