Friday, November 1, 2019

This Tuesday, the 5th, is yet ANOTHER election day (keeping in mind that it's NEXT year we're presented with the federal presidential election)

I could go on forever about how much I abhor and detest politics, how I view politics as being little more than disruptive to the systemic ecosystem---the way certain businesses and agencies shut down for the day, the way the media obsesses over the polls (as if suddenly "nothing else exists"), the way one is shamed if they don't partake in the charade of actually "caring about" issues one could never relate to anyway.

Seriously, though, those in charge will never really solve anything if they can help it.
The idea is to leave enough major problems unsolved so as to give the average person certain "issues" that "need addressing", and then present these "issues" in the form of campaign promises---all to nurture the "voting environment" and its accompanying mindset, that being the illusion the average person has of "having personal control over their own destiny".

This type of begriming and beguiling of the average first world social climate serves to keep the average Joe and Jane mollified by instilling in them the notion that they're "willing participants" in a system actually governed, ruled over, and controlled by the most valued overlords, and that the limited selection of "issues" are the ones of greatest concern, and (worst of all) that any kind of partaking on their part could ever alter or make that big a difference in any final/ultimate decisions made about what goes down next in their community/city/town/state/province/nation.

2 comments:

  1. We have an election in December because no one can agree what to do about Brexit. When ever anyone moans to me about it I tell them I never voted for it in the first place. I think leaving Europe is a crazy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't feel like the overall "system" (here in the U.S.) serves me all that well (in general)
    ...kind of like everything is rigged and it's already been predetermined what's going to happen next (in the broad/overall sense).

    Maybe I'm just paranoid, I don't know. Everything I write is purely from the vantage point of my own observations and analysis.

    ReplyDelete