Tuesday, February 14, 2012

High Tech Despoticism

What's up with laptop computers?
Why are they constantly "updating" every three weeks or so?
Do the makers of such not put them together right in the first place?

As far as I'm concerned, if I can get on the internet and view whatever I like then that's all I'm ever going to need from the contraption.
If it's already doing whatever it's supposed to do, why mess with it?

It's annoying when I'm in the middle of viewing a chosen site and the computer freezes up, followed by a panel stating:  "Installing (new program). Shutting off computer in 15 minutes."
"WHAT!!!! I didn't initiate this! I don't remember requesting anything like this! Asshole WINDOWS 7!"

The gadget has a mind of it's own. It's not a consumer-serving unit---it's a little "Frankenstein".
"You're getting an update and a bunch of new 'programs' whether you want it or not!" it seemingly says to me.

Like a lot of other things in American society I guess...no freedom-of-choice...everything's always forced on you.
The U.S. can really have a "rape mentality" sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment