Tuesday, September 26, 2017

                                             Musing For Today
I have an elevator in my apartment building that sounds like a microwave oven every time anyone presses the "call" button.
And it's located next to my unit and gets so much use it often sounds like a "microwave oven convention on steroids" convening in the hallway just outside my door.

And, of course, there are all those iPhones and Smartphones abounding in the hands of practically everyone around me every time I go out in public.
Just about every place I go sounds like an office environment or a busy airport or bus/train station, with all the beeps, blips, and electronic "musical serenades" emitting from all these gadgets constantly.

One would think that, by now, the industry would have finally figured out how to design and produce a high-tech gadget capable of functioning silently, without having to make such a racket and disturbing the peace.

2 comments:

  1. I've often wondered if you have an apartment near the elevator is it noisy, because it certainly is if you have a hotel room next to one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the elevator just made a soft "ding" sound I wouldn't mind it so much.
      But that loud "Boo-ooo-ooop! Boo-ooop!" gets on my nerves 100 times a day.

      Delete