Tuesday, October 31, 2017

                                          Too Much To Ask?
I took an online "personality test" recently.
The results showed that, for the most part, I tend to have a generous and helpful nature
...however, it did mention I also have a psychopathic tendency to "get whatever it is I want or desire any way I can, by whatever means necessary or available".

So I also tend to be an opportunist.  Why is that necessarily "psychopathic"?
Isn't that the way a lot of successful individuals got where they are today?  Taking advantage of opportunities and loopholes?

So why is it so "terrible" if I do similar for myself?  Why does that make ME some kind of "predator"?
What's my alternative?  Continuing to settle for being deprived, oppressed, vulnerable, still "kept in the dark", still "held out on", still given the runaround?  Why NOT try to "grab a little for myself" if and when possible?

Should I just casually allow myself to be harshly judged by a world of fortunate types who make six-figure incomes, have good social and sex lives, are allowed to hop-scotch from one continent to another like it's just another walk around the block, eat out every night, go to fancy clubs or concerts or theater venues or illustrious arts and cultural events every weekend?
...and then treat the likes of me with contempt for merely wishing twopence for myself, like I'm attempting to bankrupt the National Treasury?

No comments:

Post a Comment