Tuesday, September 23, 2014

When viewing a commercial for a firm which specializes in cosmetic surgery to "undo the effects of aging" the announcer asks a proverbial question: Are you tired of looking older than you feel?

What do looks and age have to do with how one feels?  Isn't how one feels a matter of one's frame-of-mind?
How one feels is dependent on one's personality, viewpoints, and circumstances at the time.

You're always going to feel like yourself no matter how old you are or how you look.

I love the faulty logic advertisers use to cajole potential consumers into transferring a certain percentage of their (consumer's) personal wealth into (the advertiser's) hands.
Every time I turn on a radio or TV I always find myself having stuff I either could never afford or would never be interested in buying being "shoved in my face" like they are "must haves".

No comments:

Post a Comment