Wednesday, February 6, 2019

                                            Musing For Today
You know, I think it's tragic that our cities and towns are so obviously strapped for taxpayer dollars they can't even afford to provide proper facilities for all those "health nuts" to jog around and ride their bicycles in.

Without access to a designated track and field they're forced to use public sidewalks as jogging and bicycle trails
...which makes it hard for us pedestrians, as we can never step outside to go anywhere without being nearly sideswiped by an array of ticked-off petulant joggers and bicyclists who regard us as little more than a public menace and nuisance who "have no business being present" in their "territory".

You should know that when I step outside to go anywhere I usually have a reason for doing so.  I'm not just "trying to get in everyone's way" for the hell of it.  I often have somewhere  in mind and a purpose for going there.
And even when I AM just walking around, I'm not doing anything immoral in being under the illusion that I "also should have  the same entitlement to be part of this world".





                                            Note to all you motorists out there:
Right-on-red is not an unconditional Constitutional right.  It simply means that if there's no cross-traffic or anyone crossing (pedestrians, bicycles, e-scooters, skateboarders) you're then free to make a turn if you wish.
Nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment