Tuesday, May 7, 2019


The laws have my name on them.  The liberties, entitlements, and amenities have others' names on them.
As far back as I can remember I've always been, for the most part, excluded from being allowed to experience all the extra "perks" life normally has to offer most people.
It seems I've never figured out how to earn or acquire the large sums of money so many have, or to establish any close intimate ties to anyone as either a trusted confidant or lover, I've never had the opportunity or means to travel abroad, a lot of knowledge common even among the average person has been withheld from me for whatever reasons.

And the attitudes most people have towards me---the standoffishness, the condescending demeanor, the underlying paranoia (as if I somehow "pose a threat to" those around me), the tyrannical bossiness (as if I'm somehow "in need of constant restraint" even though I'm not one of those "aggressive" personality types)

...even when I make acquaintance with someone who acts decently and treats me normal---the same way they do anyone else---at first, even THEY will change their demeanor toward me and start "talking around me" and become less friendly.  As if someone intervened and intercepted, "informing" that person of my "standing", as if to prevent the possibility of anyone ever having a chance to check me out for themselves and make up their own mind about me.

It's like there are "universal gossips" whose mission if life is to keep the "socially undesirable" in their place and prevent them from having any place in their society or even in the world itself.

Only one question remains:  Are these entities of a mortal or divine origin?
Maybe it's that "Cosmic Trickster", engaging in a sort of "collective calumniation conspiracy" against select individuals---perhaps just for laughs or for its own macabre amusement.
It could simply be spirits with a sadistic sense of humor, silently infusing slanderous allegations into the subconscious minds of those who mistakenly assume such conjectures to be of their own intuition.

3 comments:

  1. Or possibly you are just being a bit paranoid? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Cool Joe said
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe
    ...but strange coincidences abound, as do inexplicable attitudes and behaviors by others, as well as situations and circumstances that I often find counterintuitive(?????).

    ReplyDelete