Tuesday, June 20, 2017

                                                   Hierarchy
When I was growing up I was ruled over by two people---one grown male and one grown female.
They called themselves my "parents".

They knew all things.  They were my whole world.
And they had a duty to "protect me from 'danger', exposure to 'bad influences' and all manners of 'indecency'" ...which, apparently, was shorthand for "whatever we approve of is okay to expose you to, but if we don't like something it's also off-limits to you as well".

Years later, when I was finally ready to tell those two "adios" and strike out on my own, I figured I could finally "live the way I want".

I couldn't have been more wrong.
Instead, I found society had already assigned others to take my parents' place and pick up where they left off:
*The government
*The police
*The bosses
*The professional class
*The business owners
*The aggressive Alpha personalities
*The upper echelon status individuals

No comments:

Post a Comment